If you’re looking for some inspiration for waking up early in the morning then this collection of motivational wake up quotes are sure to get you out of bed.
Waking up early seems to be synonymous with success. Most early risers tend to be successful in their life and careers, but why is that?
There are many scientifically-backed benefits of waking up early. For the majority of successful people, waking up early allows them to have uninterrupted time to practice a morning routine. They can spend time on personal development, exercise, journaling, meditation, reflecting on their goals and so much more before the rest of the world wakes up.
If you wake up early it allows you to “be on offense, not defense”, as Evan Carmichael says or as Jim Rohn once said, “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
In today’s world, full of distraction and interruption, those golden hours between 5 AM and 8 AM give you the opportunity to get ahead and make your dreams come true rather than letting them remain dreams.
Quick Tip: How To Wake Up Early: 5 AM Morning Secrets
The following collection of motivational wake up quotes are from famous authors, actors, athletes, emperors, Navy Seals, philosophers and presidents that have all benefited from the gift of waking up early and getting the most from their days. I hope they inspire you to wake up early too!
Motivational Quotes For Waking Up Early
1. “If you want to be the best, you can’t take the path of least resistance. Every morning, you wake up, and your mind tells you it’s too early, and your body tells you you’re a little too sore, but you’ve got to look deep within yourself and know what you want and what you’re striving for.” – Antonio Brown
2. “It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.” – Aristotle
Read more Aristotle Quotes
3. “One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” – Austin Grossman
4. “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “The early morning has gold in its mouth.” – Benjamin Franklin
Read more Benjamin Franklin Quotes
6. “The best thing about waking up early is seeing the sun rise.” – Bridgit Mendler
7. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
Read more Buddha Quotes
8. “Early rising not only gives us more life in the same number of years, but adds, likewise, to their number; and not only enables us to enjoy more of existence in the same time, but increases also the measure.” – Charles Caleb Colton
9. “Front-loading my day (getting a whole bunch done in the morning) is my productivity secret.” – Celeste Geadlee
10. “No man can promise himself even fifty years of life, but any man may, if he please, live in the proportion of fifty years in forty–let him rise early, that he may have the day before him, and let him make the most of the day, by determining to expend it on two sorts of acquaintance only–those by whom something may be got, and those from whom something maybe learned.” – Charles Caleb Colton
11. “The best dreams happen when you’re awake.” – Cherie Gilderbloom
12. “We dream of the world we could have made, and wake up in the world that we did.” – Craig Stone
13. “I, of course, meditate for two hours every morning. It’s part of my schedule; I wake up at 4 a.m. every day and I love it.” – Deepak Chopra
Read more Deepak Chopra Quotes
14. “‘Life is too short,’ she panicked, ‘I want more.’ He nodded slowly, ‘Wake up earlier.'” – Dr. SunWolf
15. “For me, training is my meditation, my yoga, hiking, biking all rolled into one. Wake up early in the morning, generally around 4 o’clock, and I’ll do my cardio on an empty stomach. Stretch, have a big breakfast, and then I’ll go train.” – Dwayne Johnson
16. “Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied.” – Dwayne Johnson
Read more Dwayne Johnson Quotes
17. “Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.” – Elbert Hubbard
Read more Elbert Hubbard Quotes
18. “Wake up early and tackle the day before it tackles you. Be on offense, not defense.” – Evan Carmichael
19. “Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best part of the day.” – George Allen
20. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
21. “How we start our day determines how we create our life. Are you snoozing through your morning… snoozing through your life… and snoozing through your unlimited potential… Or are you committed to waking up each day with passion, purpose, and a plan so you can create the life you truly want & deserve?” – Hal Elrod
22. “I find that most of wake up day, not because we genuinely ‘want’ to, but because we have to. We have to be somewhere, do something, answer to or take care of someone. But when you shift your intention and create a genuine desire – event enthusiasm – for waking up in the morning, your entire life changes.” – Hal Elrod
23. “There is too much life to be lived for you to hit the snooze button. In fact, I believe it is ‘seize the day’, not ‘snooze the day!'” – Hal Elrod
24. “Wake up early everyday so that while others are still dreaming, you can make your dreams come true.” – Hal Elrod
25. “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.” – J.M. Power
26. “It’s easier to wake up early and work out than it is to look in the mirror each day and not like what you see.” – Jayne Cox
27. “If you wake up whenever you want, and you slept for 10 hours, and you’re lazy getting out of bed, then I believe that affects your whole life in a negative way.” – Jocko Willink
28. “Just on a practical side, if you wake up early in the morning – like at 4:30 in the morning – you’re going to have some free time to yourself to make things happen, to take care of things that are important to you.” – Jocko Willink
29. “That nice, soft pillow and the warm blanket, and it’s all comfortable, and no one wants to leave that comfort – but if you can wake up early in the morning, get a head start on everyone else that’s still sleeping, get productive time doing things that you need to do – that’s a huge piece to moving your life forward.” – Jocko Willink
Read more Jocko Willink Quotes
30. “Few ever lived to old age, and fewer still ever became distinguished, who were not in the habit of early rising.” – John Todd
31. “I never knew a man come to greatness or eminence who lay abed late in the morning.” – Johnathan Swift
32. “Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” – Lemony Snicket
33. “You have to wake up and you have to run if you want to survive.” – Marat Safin
34. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
Read more Marcus Aurelius Quotes
35. “Some of us wake up. Others roll over.” – Mark Twight
36. “Dreams are only dreams until you wake up and make them real.” – Ned Vizzini
37. “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” – Paul Valery
38. “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” – Paulo Coelho
Read more Paulo Coelho Quotes
39. “The difference between rising at five and seven o’clock in the morning, for forty years, supposing a man to go to bed at the same hour at night, is nearly equivalent to the addition of ten years to a man’s life.” – Philip Doddridge
40. “Dream big but wake up early to actualize them.” – Prince Hopkins Amachree
41. “Don’t let your alarm clock, be the only reason you wake up.” – Ray Lewis
42. “Wake up and live. It’s a fast world out there.” – Richard Dreyfuss
43. “Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it.” – Richard Whately
44. “By getting up early in the morning one also gets more time at his disposal for work as compared to late-risers.” – Rig Veda
45. “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” – Robert Brault
46. “Whoever has tasted the breath of morning knows that the most invigorating and most delightful hours of the day are commonly spent in bed; though it is the evident intention of nature that we should enjoy and profit by them.” – Robert Southey
47. “FACT: From 5 am to 8 am are “The Golden Hours” that the most successful achievers in the world use to set up their days for success. The way you begin your day really does determine how you live your day.” – Robin Sharma
48. “Get up early. I dare you to do it for a few weeks. Your life is too precious a thing to waste. You know you were meant for your own unique form of greatness. You know you can do more, have more and be more. You know that you can be bigger than you currently are.” – Robin Sharma
Read more Robin Sharma Quotes
49. “Dream big. Wake up. Take the first step into the unknown.” – Roy Bennett
50. “The first step to win yourself is, wake up early.” – Sukant Ratnakar
51. “The time just before dawn contains the most energy of all hours of the day. This has helped me become an early riser and an early doer… When I wake to see that it’s light out already, I feel the world has started without me.” – Terri Guillemets
52. “The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years.” – Thomas Jefferson
Read more Thomas Jefferson Quotes
53. “Next to temperance, a quiet conscience, a cheerful mind and active habits, I place early rising as a means of health and happiness.” – Timothy Flint
54. “You can wake up every day and make today better than the last.” – Tommy Lasorda
55. “Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle… when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.” – Unknown
56. “Life is getting up an hour earlier to live an hour more.” – Unknown
57. “Success comes to those who have the willpower to win over their snooze buttons.” – Unknown
58. “The early bird gets the worm.” – Unknown
59. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
60. “I would have it inscribed on the curtains of your bed and the walls of your chamber: If you do not rise early you can make progress in nothing.” – William Pitt Chatham
61. “I used to think that going to sleep late was cool. Till I realized that waking up early is the real boss shit.” – Wiz Khalifa
Read more Wiz Khalifa Quotes
Did you like these inspirational wake up quotes?
Which of these wake up quotes motivates you the most? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” “Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it.” “It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.”What are 5 positive quotes? ›
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
“The beauty of a morning glory, is that of its patient wait for the sun to rise in the morning!” “The beauty of a morning glory, is that of its patient wait for the sun to bloom in the morning!” “Naomi makes a face and points to the potted flowers near the front door of her houseboat.How can I wake up early and successful? ›
- You're More Productive. When it's early in the morning, it's hard to be interrupted because most people just don't like getting up early. ...
- Time To Exercise. ...
- Breakfast. ...
- To Enjoy The Sunrise. ...
- Take Baby Steps. ...
- Move The Alarm Away From Your Bed. ...
- Turn On The Lights Immediately. ...
- Get Enough Sleep.
- Exercise. ...
- Don't snooze. ...
- Set an alarm to something you enjoy. ...
- Turn your light on straight away. ...
- Dress in something you feel good in. ...
- Have a good breakfast. ...
- Music. ...
- Drink water.
When you wake up early, you reap the benefits of many good habits, leading to an energetic, well-rested, stress-free, punctual, and healthy you. You get a sense of order in life, making you feel happier.